Roast Breast of Lamb Moroccan Style
By Hanane El Rhalib, Graphic Designer
3 pounds of lamb breast — Halal certified
½ cup of vegetable oil (Columbus Oils brands or your choice)
1 tablespoon of smen (ghee) — clarified butter
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp of salt (to taste)
½ tsp of turmeric powder
2 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of ginger powder
A large pinch of saffron
1. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
2. Mix the spices in ½ cup of water.
3. Make few slits in the meat. Cover the meat with the spice mix
and the garlic.
4. In a cooking pan, cook the meat with the vegetable oil, clarified
butter, and the onion. Add 2 cups of water to the meat.
5. Cover the pan and let the meat cook on high heat until fully
cooked (that will take approximately 1 hour). Rotate the meat
from time to time in the pan so it is cooked from all sides.
6. Once the meat is cooked, place it in a baking pan and pour few
tablespoons of the sauce on top.
7. Broil the meat in the oven for 5 minutes.
8. Pour the rest of the sauce on the meat and serve immediately.