with Malika Ameen
By Tayyaba Syed
Preparation time 10 minutes | Cooking time 15-20 minutes
4-5 Non Pocket Pita Breads (the ones used in gyros sandwiches)
½ Cup Pasta Sauce
½ Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
1 Cup Chopped Bell Peppers (red, orange, yellow)
½ Red Onion, sliced
½ Cup Chopped Olives
6-8 Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
1 Cup Halal Feta Cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Arrange pita breads on baking sheets.
3. Spread two tablespoons of pasta sauce on each pita bread.
4. Place a few leaves of baby spinach on each pita.
5. Sprinkle each pita bread with a mix of all the chopped veggies.
6. Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.