SERVES:6 | PREP TIME:20 | COOK TIME:35
2 lb. Butternut Squash peeled
1 apple peeled and diced
2 large carrots peeled and
1 medium onion diced
4 cloves of garlic minced
12 sage leaves
4 cups of halal chicken or
½ cup of Organic Valley
1.5 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon Organic Valley
2 tablespoon olive oil
Toasted baguette slices
1. Heat large pot on a medium flame and add oil and butter.
2. Place onions and garlic in a separate pan with sage leaves and sauté
for five minutes.
3. Add squash, apple and carrots to the large pot and cook 20 minutes
or until the vegetables are fork tender.
4. Add broth, two cups at a time, to the vegetables.
5. Blend with an emersion blender until a puree is formed.
6. Add heavy whipping cream to the mixture. If you would like a thicker
soup, dissolve the cornstarch with equal parts water, and stir it into
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add a pinch of nutmeg for a seasonal touch.
1. Blend sage leaves and a dash of salt and nutmeg with olive oil in a traditional blender,
and place into plastic squeeze bottle.
2. Pour soup into bowl. Squeeze herb oil in spiral motion starting with the center of the
soup bowl. Serve with a side of thinly sliced, toasted baguette.
ABOUT THE CHEF:
Saira Mohiuddin (spicyhautecatering
is a personal chef and owner of Spicy Haute Chefing Co, in Lake in the
Hills, IL. She offers culinary expertise as a chef at in-home parties as
well as hands-on experiences at demonstrations, with recipes directly
from the chef’s kitchen.
Butternut Squash Soup
HERB OIL INGREDIENTS
10 sage leaves
¼ cup olive oil